Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full time, exempt, flexible hours
Job Purpose: To ensure that all who interact with the YWCA are welcomed and well-served; to ensure that the YWCA front office operates efficiently and in accordance with procedures and policies
Summary of Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide professional representation for the YWCA with all who interact with the YWCA and with the community at large
- Provide administrative leadership for the front office
- Hire, train, and supervise front office staff
- Provide leadership that assures quality service for all YWCA clients, customers, supporters and staff
- Assure that all duties are performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ongoing personal commitment to the YWCA Mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
- Ability to work with diverse populations with an outgoing, friendly, equitable and welcoming manner
- Ongoing commitment to increasing cultural competency
- Ability to develop and sustain harmonious working relationships with staff supervisors, program managers, other staff, volunteers, YW supporters, and the general public
- Ability to interact compassionately with people experiencing trauma
- Flexible work style that can accommodate work interruptions, including crisis calls and walk-ins
- Ability to remain calm and composed while getting help for people in crisis
- Ability to work in a team with other leaders and promote teamwork within department
- Ability to analyze, read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, professionals and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, accumulate and evaluate statistics, create and interpret graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist
- Strong stress management skills
- Strong professional and personal boundaries
- An open and creative mind receptive to new ideas and solutions
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of the YWCA to the community
- Ability to perform duties with considerable independence of action and decision-making and to make correct application of policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control areas of responsibility
- Skill and experience in supervising employees
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs, reach, pull, stand, sit and read the computer
- Ability to use a computer and software appropriate to job
- Valid Washington driver’s license and current proof of insurance on file at the YWCA
- Ability to pass a Washington Criminal History check
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate in both Spanish and in English and have experience in Latinx culture. Prior experience in social services, education, or health setting also a plus.
Experience and Training Requirements:
- Significant knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office programs, including XL, Word, Outlook
- Significant knowledge of and experience with electronic databases
- Knowledge of and experience with accounts receivable
- Skill and experience in oral and written business communications
- Experience with electronic communications systems including multi-line phone systems, call forwarding, and cell phones
- Academic or related course work in office management, administrative and information coordination skills, and public relations
- Complete DV/SA Core training and commit to ongoing training, once hired
- Complete training in the area of donor engagement and commit to ongoing training, once hired
Work Area Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of YWCA databases, adding and updating information, running reports and analyzing data
- Integral part of the donor engagement and donor stewardship process
- Responsible for oversight of YWCA in-kind donation cycle
- Responsible for all YWCA correspondence
- Responsible for YWCA filing system
- Responsible for coordinating all YWCA building communication
- Responsible for coordination of accounts receivable receipting
- Participate in ongoing meetings with other staff leaders
- Help to establish and maintain a welcoming supportive environment YWCA-wide
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All or any portion of this job description is subject to elimination, modification, or addition at any time at the discretion of the YWCA.
Classification: Full-time, exempt, flexible hours
Salary Range: $19.25 – $23 / hour ($3,336 – $3,986 per month)
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Employee Share of insurance: 15% via payroll deduction
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- YWCA Retirement Fund: 10% employer-paid with 4% match by fund
- Employee may contribute up to 10%, after tax, in addition
- Eligible after working 1,000 hours in two twelve-month periods
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
- 8 hours per month sick leave
- Two paid personal days per year
What Else: Must have administrative leadership and supervisory skills and experience; commitment to YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women; compassion for people in crisis; excellent computer skills, excellent customer service skills, excellent organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish/English) and bicultural.
How to Apply: Online at Indeed.com; Worksource; or email resume and cover letter to Anne-Marie Zell Schwerin Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. INTERVIEWS WILL START IMMEDIATELY.
It is the policy of the YWCA to consider all applications for employment equally without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, disability, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, ethnicity, income, veteran status, marital status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. The YWCA does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. All application materials for posted positions will be retained for one year from the date received.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that YWCA employment practices are equitable, consistently applied, in compliance with Federal and State laws, and in compliance with any contractual obligations set forth by our funding agencies, so long as those obligations are not superseded by said law.
*This description of benefits is in summary only.
Plan documents are the final determinant of benefit details and eligibility.
Benefits, including employer contribution rates, are subject to budget and contract requirements.