JOB TITLE: Cook
REPORTS TO: Childcare Center Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time 4-5 hours per day, Monday through Friday
- High school education.
- Some experience working with children
- Some experience in food prep, cooking, and food service
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have a negative TB test
JOB PURPOSE/ OBJECTIVE: To prepare, serve, and clean up snacks and lunch
SUMMARY OF DUTIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide professional representation for the YWCA with parents, children and staff and in the child care center
- Prepare, serve, and clean up snacks and lunch
- Assist in assuring sanitation standards meet all YWCA, state, and federal requirements
- Complete necessary forms and documentation
- Sets an example of conduct and personal habits
- Follow YWCA policies and procedures
- Follow USDA and SPI and childcare licensing food, nutrition and sanitation policies and procedures
- Attend staff meetings/ trainings.
- Responsible for completing your STARS application and your background check process through the MERIT system after beginning employment
- Must have current first aid, CPR, AIDS/HIV/Blood borne pathogens, food handlers, and TB test cards and must obtain any other new requirements required by law or licensing officials
- Ability to maintain the center at or above YWCA, community, state, and federal standards
- Ability to work with diverse populations with an outgoing, friendly, and welcoming manner
- Ability to develop a harmonious working relationship with supervisors, managers, employees, and the general public
- Flexible work style that can accommodate diverse needs of children, work interruptions, and crisis calls.
- An open and creative mind that will be receptive to new and innovative ideas
- An ability to give and receive information effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to project a positive professional image of the YWCA to the community
- Ability to perform duties with considerable independence of action, decision making, and to make correct application of policies and procedures
- Ability to do light to heavy lifting and have good physical health and endurance
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe, and visually pleasing atmosphere for children
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All or any portion of this job description is subject to elimination, modification, or addition at any time at the discretion of the YWCA.
Job type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Experience level: Under 1 year
Shift: Day shift
Weekly day range: Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY: Email a resume or list of qualifications to MFH@ywcaww.org. In the message, please introduce yourself and explain why you are interested and would be a good fit for the position.
Position open until filled