Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the YWCA Walla Walla!
Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer for the YWCA, please download and fill out our volunteer packet. It can be brought to our offices or scanned and emailed to Carol Cole, office manager, at email@example.com. All volunteers will need to successfully complete a Washington State Patrol background check.
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
We have many needs to be met at the YWCA and we thank you for your interest in helping!
- Distributing event and awareness campaign posters
- Cleaning toys for childcare programs
- Office assistance
Please contact the YWCA at (509) 525-2570 if you are interested in any regularly occurring volunteer activities.
DVSA Resource Center
If you are interested in volunteering for the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Resource Center (for example, in the shelter), please call Mary Byrd, Director of Client Services, at (509) 525-2570.
My Friends’ House
Because My Friends’ House is a licensed childcare center, there are several legal requirements for volunteers. These requirements include:
- TB test (new, or within the last year)
- Department of Early Learning background check & fingerprinting
If you are interested in volunteering with My Friends’ House, you must first meet with My Friends’ House Director Tabitha Vance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
The YWCA hosts a number of fundraising events throughout the year. For these events, we are in need of one-time volunteers to help with tasks such as:
- Event set-up
- Food preparation and serving
- Event clean-up
- For volunteers over 21: Serving food and drink, assisting guests at the Believe Party and Auction
- Taking Steps Against Domestic Violence: An annual march we hold in October, where men and women walk through downtown and view shoes representing the lives lost to domestic violence the previous year. This walk raises awareness for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. We are always looking for participants!
Please contact Events Coordinator Faith Nyakundi at email@example.com if you are interested in a one-time opportunity.
Do you have a group (from school, extracurriculars, church, etc) that would like to volunteer at the YWCA? We have many ideas for how you can help us!
- Shopping for groceries for our shelter
- Creating quilts, blankets, journal or other warming keepsakes for shelter residents
We are very open to your ideas, too. Just give us a call to let us know how you’d like to help.
Thank you again!