Thank you for your interest in supporting the YWCA domestic violence shelter! The shelter always has a need for the following items:
- Anything on our Amazon Wish list.
- Adult coloring books: Did you know that coloring may help reduce stress and anxiety?
- Colored pencils.
Vacuum cleaners: We’d love to have two sturdy working vacuums for the family shelter.
- Easy-to-prepare foods are generally preferred over ingredients that require a lot of preparation. Popular items are boxed cereal, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, jelly, cooking oil, noodle soups, crackers, dry milk, veggies/fruits, pastas, frozen goods, juices, corn dogs/hot dogs, eggs, ground beef, spices, butter, snacks for kids. When living in shelter and sharing a kitchen with many other women, convenience is a high priority.
- Plastic cups of various sizes, unbreakable, microwaveable, dishwasher-safe.
- Dishes: With so many children in the shelter we’d like all our dishes to be unbreakable, microwaveable, dishwasher-safe.
- Mattresses: Twin size, crib size (gently used crib mattresses are OK).
- Women’s underwear: All sizes, new.
- Laundry soap.
- Dish soap.
- Kitchen cleaning wipes.
- Baby supplies: Wipes, gentle soap.
- Twin-size bedding: Sheets, comforters and mattress covers.
- Pillows: New, standard-size.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Toiletries: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.
- Diapers are covered at this time.
- Clothing* (see note below).
Other donations the shelter would greatly appreciate:
- Blenders. (Two, if possible!)
- Silverware, forks, spoons.
- Dish scratchers, sponges/scrubbers.
- LED lights.
- Household batteries: AA, AAA, etc.
- Emergency tool box.
- Inspirational pictures/posters.
Basics for families leaving the shelter:
- Household items.
- Furniture* (see note below).
- Dishes, utensils, cups & glasses.
- Cleaning supplies.
Clothing: Because our space is limited, we keep a small supply of emergency clothing on hand. But thanks to our partnership with Goodwill Industries, any nice, used clothing you donate to us will benefit the shelter! We turn over out-of-season or other donations that we don’t have immediate need for to them, and in turn, they give us vouchers that our residents can use to shop at their stores here or in the Tri-Cities. This gives residents an organized place to fill their variety of clothing needs.
Furniture: Please call 525-2570 and ask to speak to an advocate to make arrangements.
Stuffed animals and toys: Due to health restrictions, we can only take new toys.
Last updated 11-4-2016.