Free, confidential support from the YWCA Sexual Assault Victims Advocate (SAVA) is available to anyone affiliated with the Walla Walla valley’s three college campuses.
- Whitman College:Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Walla Walla Community College: Affected by Sexual Assault or Harassment?
- Walla Walla University: Sex discrimination and Title IX
YWCA local material
- Your Campus Advocate’s Facebook page /sava.YWCA
- YWCA Walla Walla’s Facebook page /YWCAWallaWalla
- Your Campus Advocate’s Instagram @sava.YWCA
- About sexual assault:
- YouTube – see YWCA videos
- Sexual Assault info from the Walla Walla Police Department:
How you can help the YWCA
Make your voice heard! Are you a sexual assault survivor? Did you grow up experiencing domestic violence? Or are you passionate about issues of consent and assault?
- We’d love to hear your perspective, and possibly share it on our website. You can do this anonymously. Or check with your campus newspaper. They might welcome an editorial.
- Share your ideas for making our community safer for everyone.
- Share your ideas for helping victims of sexual and gender-based violence learn about the YWCA as a resource for help and support.
Get involved with planning our annual SA awareness month. Here are ideas from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center:
Statistics from RAINN for chalk drawings:
Keep in mind that chalk drawings are great for sidewalks where they’ll eventually wash away. Walls? Not so much.
Facts and statistics from nomore.org:
From WCSAP: sexual assault prevention and awareness
This page includes a link to download the most current campaign toolkit. It also includes activities, like a coloring book to download.